Clean and Crisp
A favourite subject here at Au Lit is how to care for your linens. We're always discussion the best options for extending the lifespan of our linens and we wanted to share some tips for good basic care.
1. Once a week, machine wash your linens in cold or lukewarm water, hot for whites, using a mild detergent. We like to use Sunlight or our Le Blanc Linen wash (shown below). Avoid detergents that contain bleach, ammonia or strong enzymes as they may cause discoloration.
2. To keep your white's as white as possible, we recommend soaking them overnight in hot water with mild detergent before their weekly washing. You'll be amazed at the difference a little soaking can do. If you prefer to use bleach (colour safe bleaches only) or Oxiclean, these should only be used occasionally.
3. Cotton satin linens must be washed in cold water before use to set the fibres and prevent pilling. After the first wash, they can be washed in hot or lukewarm water.
4. Hanging to dry will ensure more longevity and less wrinkling. Do not use the hot dryer for more than ten minutes, if at all, as the heat destroys the natural fibres of the cotton and will considerably shorten the lifespan of your linens. Iron, if necessary, while damp. For an extra bit of freshness, use one of our linen waters, like our K Hall Washed Cotton Scent or Lavender from L'Othantique.
5. Skin creams and beauty products may stain or discolour your linens.
To purchase our Le Blanc products, visit or contact our store.